Insurance Requirements

Bluebell comes with comprehensive insurance and breakdown cover. However our insurers have certain criteria that must be met. Here they are.​

2) Two forms of ID need to be supplied for every driver. The following documentation is acceptable proof of address alongside one utility bill/statement. 

a) Council Tax bill/statement 

b) TV / internet/ landline telephone bill (including Sky/Virgin/BT etc) 

c) Bank Statement 

d) Credit Card Statement 

e) Mortgage Statement 

The proofs of address provided must be dated within 90 days of the hire date and have the same address appearing on the driving licence. 

3) Copies or clear photos of the front and back of the driving licence(s) must be supplied and for UK issued licences, a code for a DVLA licence check must also be supplied.

For Non-UK licence holders/residents, two forms of ID with matching addresses must be supplied as above, plus copies of the licence both front and back and one other form of photographic ID must be supplied either digitally or a hard copy. 

4) The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by: - 

a) Hirers under 21 or over 79 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.

c) Hirers aged 21 to 22 unless a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence has been held for 2 years and prior authority has been given by insurers. 

d) Hirers who have not held a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years. e) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a

motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or 

suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. "Spent" convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded. 

f) Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer. 

g) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons. 

h) Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort. i) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during the past 3 years. 

j) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for 2 years or more.